Laws of The Great Spirit
Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect. Remain close to the Great Spirit. Show great respect for your fellow beings. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
Do what you know to be right. Look after the well being of mind and body. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good. Be truthful and honest at all times. Take full responsibility for your actions.
Great Spirit, give us hearts to understand; never to take from creation's beauty more than we give; never to destroy wantonly for the furtherance of greed; never to deny to give our hands for the building of earth's beauty; never to take from her what we cannot use.
Give us hearts to understand that to destroy earth's music is to create confusion; that to wreck her appearance is to blind us to beauty; that to callously pollute her fragrance is to make a house of stench; that as we care for her she will care for us.
We have forgotten who we are.
We have sought only our own security.
We have exploited simply for our own ends.
We have distorted our knowledge.
We have abused our power.
Great Spirit, whose dry lands thirst, help us to find the way to refresh your lands.
Great Spirit, whose waters are choked with debris and pollution, help us to find the way to cleanse your waters.
Great Spirit, whose beautiful earth grows ugly with misuse,help us to find the way to restore beauty to your handiwork.
Great Spirit, whose creatures are being destroyed, help us to find a way to replenish them.
Great Spirit, whose gifts to us are being lost in selfishness and corruption, help us to find the way to restore our humanity.
by Spiritual Elder William Commanda and Frank Decontie
- To Take Care of Mother Earth and the other 3 colors of Man.
- To Respect this Mother Earth and Creation.
- To Honour All life, and to support that Honour.
- To be Grate-ful from the heart for All life.
- It is through life that there is Survival.
- Thank the Creator at All times for All life.
- To Love and express that love.
- To be Humble. Humility is the gift of wisdom and understanding.
- Kindness. To be Kind with one-self and with others.
- Sharing. The Sharing of feelings and personal concerns and commitments.
- Honesty. To be Honest with one-self and with others.
- To be Responsible for those Sacred Instructions and to administrate those Instructions to other Nations